Monday, July 14, 2008

Oncologist Visit

This update is from Bridget...

Hello all,

I just returned from Winter Park tonight after spending the weekend with my mom and Hunt. I flew down Friday night to visit and go along with them to the oncologist today.  

We really liked her new doctor, Dr. Kayaleh. He is very kind and gentle and after spending just a short period of time with him, we are convinced that my mom is in the best of hands.  My mom has had a rough week and hasn't felt well since returning to Winter Park.  That was immediately evident to Dr. Kayaleh when he met her and because he was concerned about alleviating her pain and getting her strength back, he decided to admit her to the hospital this afternoon.  We're not yet sure how long she'll be there, but again, his number one priority is to help her feel better quickly.  Fortunately, MD Anderson is affiliated with Orlando Regional Hospital so she didn't have to leave the building to be admitted.

He also discussed treatment options with us and confirmed my mom will undergo chemo. While he didn't say when she'll begin, we definitely get the impression she'll start sooner than later so they can begin to shrink the lesions in her liver and get her feeling better. 

I talked with my mom and Hunt a few hours ago after returning to Peoria. My mom already sounds better.  Hunt is doing well also and was just getting ready to head home to be with the dogs for the night.

We'll keep you posted once we have a better feel for when she'll be able to come home. Keep those prayers coming!



2 comments:

Mitzi McCord said...

Hi Bridget - we are sending many prayers and warm thoughts to your mom and your whole family. Her spirit is brighter and stronger than any disease. I'm sending lots of positive thoughts and energy to your mom. I hope the coming days bring comfort and healing her way. We're here if you need anything...sending prayers always.
Big hugs,
Mitzi

Anonymous said...

Dear Susan and Hunt, You are in my thoughts and prayers everyday. I know that you will beat this in record time and will soon be feeling great. I love you guys and will keep sending every positive thought I can.
Love, Andi